Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A taste of Westmeath - calling all locavores!



A busy weekend ahead for me, with my soapmaking course on Saturday, and 'A Taste of Westmeath' in the Park hotel on Sunday.

Doors open at 12:00, the usual purveyors of fine food - including my brother Joe's Organic Beef and Pork.

There will be cookery demonstrations from Fergal O'Donnell from the Fatted Calf and Gary O'Hanlon of Viewmount House - I'm looking forward to seeing these guys in action. Looking at the menus in both restaurants is making me think about some trips further afield for fine dining in the near future, now that my studying is done.


There will be lots of free samples, and wine tasting (probably not local, though) - I'm hoping to munch my way around all the stands.

€3 is the admission charge - kids are free. See you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home