Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Seed Savers Network 2010



Here's a remarkable online resource for exchanging seeds - if you are an experienced seed saver - and for getting new open pollinated heirloom varieties of plants if you're a beginner (and trying not to spend too much).
In 2008 I had an extremely positive experience with this network, and the bulbs and seeds I received grew well for me. I was able to share my hardneck garlic locally, and hopefully will have lots more to share in 2011.

Gardeners are so generous, and nature gives us an abundance - I saved lots of seeds myself, but they all went to students in my various classes. So I have none to offer this year in the network - in spite of that I have requested some from Ewa , and from Patrick - I may have to make a small contribution to postage, but generally people are very generous.

Join in! And if you have nothing to swap now - don't worry - some day you will!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:56 p.m., Blogger Cath said...

Thanks anna, great idea, will let the seed buyer know, Cathy

 
At 11:58 a.m., Blogger Clasheen said...

Morning Anna, I have nominated you for a Sunshine Blog Award here http://clasheen.wordpress.com/2010/03/16/playing-catch-up-planning-tomorrow-blog-awards-and-some-inspirational-blogs-for-you-to-enjoy/and look forward as always to your great posts here and at http://www.annapaints.blogspot.com/ !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home