Thursday, March 04, 2010

Getting an allotment

I'm very excited about this spring - normally I'm restricted as to what and how much I can plant, as we have a suburban garden. But this year I'll be getting an allotment at Lough Owel Organic Farm - It's just out the road from us, and it's where I grew up, so we spend a lot of time out there anyhow with my mother.

The ground has been beautifully prepared by my brothers pigs - see below - and we'll be getting things planted just as soon at the ground warms up. So I can go crazy with Brassicas, potaotes, beans - the things I normally hold back on for want of space. Yippee!

Check out his site and tell me what you think - I created it!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:00 p.m., Blogger Cliff W said...

I expect that this will be one mighty allotment space. Cannot wait to see later posts when in its full glory. Happy planting :)

 
At 9:54 p.m., Blogger Anna Bee said...

Thanks Cliff. Hope I can live up to your expectations!
A

 

Post a Comment

<< Home