Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting Kids to eat Vegetables

In spite of involving my children in all aspects of growing and preparing their food, they balk at vegetables which are not disguised. Which is a bit embarassing as I'm doing all this work teaching and encouraging people to grow and eat their vegetables.

So, I have to be pretty fiendish to get vegetabls into them. And in fairness, anything with Tomato sauce goes down fine, so the blender is my friend.

But this weekend, I came up with a new way to get them eating vegetables - this time beetroot. I used this recipe and it went down a treat! Chocolate beetroot brownies - how could you resist! They were begging for more! Thanks Hugh!

I also served them at my Saturday gardening class, and had a similarly good reaction - along the lines of "they have vegetables in them - they must be healthy - yes please I'll have one more"

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:35 a.m., Blogger Cliff W said...

I can second Anna's comments about the Chocolate Brownie. Absolutely gorgeous!

 
At 9:07 p.m., Blogger Anna Bee said...

Thanks Cliff!

 
At 7:05 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I was blown away by Anna's beetroot brownies, so chocolaty! Next year we will be devoting a whole raised bed to beetroot as we are just discovering how versatile they are. We're eating leaves and beets raw in salads daily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home