Sunday, June 28, 2009

Self Sufficiency at Belvedere

It's all over - and what a whirlwind it was! Seems like the exhibitors and presenters were well recieved, and the visitors seems interested and engaged. In our little Freecycle/Artisan Breadmaking Sheebeen, we talked to loads of people, baked countless 'Rubbish' flatbreads with the help of lots of volunteers, young and old. I woudl have loved to have seen more of what was going on, but we were flat out the whole time.

Lots of interest in all of my courses, and in freecycle. So now we need to put dates and locations to the proposed courses, and make them happen. This should be a lot easier for me now, as I got laid off last week. Great timing - it would have been difficult to pull off the Belvedere show, while working :-)

Readers of this blog will know that my passions lie in these (gardening, breadmaking, teaching) areas, and while I loved my IT work, it will be no harm to have a little break from it. I was in that job for nearly nine years, which is a lifetime in the software business.

Anyhow, expect to see a lot more frequent posts!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:08 a.m., Blogger Tracey Smith said...

Hi Anna - delighted to hear the flatbread making went so well! I only wish I could have been there to have some floury fun with you all too - lol...

Wishing you all the best,
TS x

 
At 9:54 p.m., Anonymous charlie said...

Well done Anna Bee! Sounds brilliant...wish I'd been there!Charlie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home