Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Autumn Harvesting

Weird, but it seems like I am able to harvest more now than I was at the peak of the season. Today I started a pot roast - and I added to the stew are around it - from the garden - borlotti beans, Leeks, parsley, and a kind of winter radish from real seeds. We also have daikon (mooli), carrots in planters, kale, some upside down tomatoes, raspberries, fennel, mispoona, mizuna, corn salad, a little rocket. Some brussels sprouts and cabbages coming on - the broc is a washout with caterpillars, but all in all pretty good.

With the beef coming from my brothers farm down the road, and Ballinagore potatoes still available, we are having some good locavore dinners.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:09 p.m., Blogger Peggy said...

Hi, You are really having a good autumn harvest! Our sprouts are coming on OK we could probably start picking but have to keep picking snails off. This veg gardening is like guerrilla warfare!
Peggy

 
At 11:10 a.m., Blogger Cheese said...

Locavore! I feel so out of the loop lingo-wise. Had to read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_food to catch up! Definitely my word of the day.

 
At 8:57 p.m., Blogger Anna Bee said...

I think locavore was word of the year in the no so distant past....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home